Our Year in Review
Dear readers of Doctors Who Create,
Thank you for being our fans and supporters. We know many of you are busy, but we’ve been encouraged by your excitement over our posts and the eagerness of the DWC audience to see more. We are a team of volunteers: pre-med students, med students, residents, and attending physicians around the country. I started Doctors Who Create in April 2015, and after a year of operating it on my own, I knew we needed a team to make a real impact. I was able to recruit the wonderful volunteer team on our About page in August 2016. Since then, in the span of just four months, we have:
- Published 37 pieces on our site
- Started a new Visual Arts section
- Published Q&As on 14 influential physicians, such as Atlantic senior editor Dr. James Hamblin, creator of The Nocturnists storytelling slam for physicians Dr. Emily Silverman, health policy expert Dr. Eric Schneider at The Commonwealth Fund, and infectious disease doctor and abstract artist Dr. Bennett Lorber
- Started new regular columns, on how to think about biostatistics, and on design in medicine
- Published reflections on anatomy lab, environmental issues in healthcare, and experiences with standardized patients
- Started an Instagram account
- Recorded the audio and begun to edit our first three episodes of a soon-to-be-launched podcast (stay tuned for episodes on music in medicine, political advocacy in public health, game-based medical learning, and more!)
- Started a very, very intermittent newsletter (sign up for these here, we promise there is no spam)
- Started redesigning our logo
- Grown into a team of 31 dedicated volunteers
We have many goals for the year ahead, and we are excited to keep bringing you thoughtful and meaningful content that will inspire more creativity in medicine. Please follow us on twitter, facebook, and instagram if you haven’t already, to keep seeing our latest content and announcements. As always, if you have any comments, questions, or desire to get involved in helping us sustain our organization, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for being a part of the DWC community.
Happy New Year!