Intima: A Journal of Narrative Medicine is a literary journal created in 2010 by students in Columbia University’s Master of Science in Narrative Medicine program. The journal is now open to submissions for its Fall 2015 issue. The deadline for submissions is Friday, July 31st at midnight.
Intima accepts original literary and artistic contributions in the following genres: academic, fiction, field notes, non-fiction, poetry, multimedia, and studio art. According to the editors, subject areas might include but are not limited to:
- Personal narratives of illness from the patient and/or clinician
- Narratives of public health, epidemics, or the globalization of disease
- Analyses of historical or contemporary representations of illness
- The body in literature, art, popular culture, and the media
- Discourse on the role of narrative in the healthcare reform debate
Review past issues of Intima, see the full submission guidelines, and submit here.